Monday, May 29, 2017

puffcorn isn't chips

I went to the annual comics softball game and BBQ this afternoon and there was a facebook posting about how the event coordinator didn't want people bringing a total of 35 bags of chips. I had already bought a bag of old dutch puffcorn a day earlier at a target express store, and I said that puffcorn isn't chips. I liked how people ate most of it so I didn't have to eat much of it. I had some of it just after opening the bag, and there wasn't much left as I was ready to leave in the early evening so I finished it. I liked how somebody brought cornbread, it was from Hy-Vee. at the softball game I got two hits and scored a run, but not that good in the field. I had to chase one ball that actually landed beyond a wall that seemed to be serving as the home-run fence. and I fell down after trying to receive a throw at first base. some people were smoking while in the field, and some brought their beer with them as well. the game ended when some rain arrived, but it was nearly 3pm by then and about time to go to the picnic. I liked watching some of the Lego Batman movie. seemed weird to be sitting outside around a campfire when it is memorial day, but it is Minnesota after all. it was great to see so many people I know there, I even counted how many were in the circle around the campfire, in terms of how many are in the 'ring of honor', it was 10. yemen native said it was his first time playing softball, he got a hit and I said I never got one when playing little league baseball. this is just one of two days a year where I bring out my little league glove.
    I had hoped to get to an open-mic, but it was not to be. I was tired by the time I left the picnic, and
not long after getting home I fell asleep for a while in my easy chair. so when I got up I knew I still had some things to do, and put away the dishes that had been drying for much of the day. normally I do the dishes on a sunday but there was the saints game and wanting to do karaoke after it. I also took care of the trash and recycle in the morning. when I was out doing that I also returned 10 carts to the grocery store. an employee who was out searching for them asked if there was more, I said it was hard to tell. it looked like some kids was having fun with one of them, as one kid was riding in it while the other was pushing it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment