Friday, May 19, 2017

black hole sun, soundgarden

the big news I saw on facebook, and later on the 10pm news, was the death of chris cornell, frontman for soundgarden, as well as audioslave. it was apparently due to suicide, after a show in Detroit. I was not familiar with audioslave, but I was familiar with soundgarden. as I do have the soundtrack from the movie 'singles'. 'birth ritual' by soundgarden, and 'seasons' by chris cornell, are on this soundtrack.
   I know some mentioned the song 'black hole sun', and this one did have a memorable video to say the least. it shows various people smiling, although it looks forced, or fake. there were plenty of lyrics that resonated with me, when finding it on youtube. 'in disguises no one knows' I think of my own performing. and there is the hook, 'black hole sun won't you come and wash away the rain', although this doesn't appear to be a good solution as many of these people are swallowed up by it. signs held up saying 'end is nigh' and 'faith lives' seems to explain 'and my youth I pray to keep'. also notable was 'times are gone for honest men' and 'heaven sent hell away'. also memorable about the video was a man using a switch blade knife to comb his hair. it is from the 'superunknown' album or CD, along with 'spoonman' and 'fell on black days'. looking at their other singles on the discography on Wikipedia, other standouts were 'outshined', and 'ty cobb'. as a big baseball fan it caught my eye to see one that is also the name of a baseball player.
   I did the other typical things tonight, watching 'big bang theory' and the walk around the neighborhood', it yielded 9 pennies.

No comments:

Post a Comment