Wednesday, May 24, 2017

white collar sweatshop

I had a half day at work, done at 12noon, to get to a dermatologist appointment, after it I went to the Roseville library and found some free books available there. one of them is called 'white collar sweatshop'. the extended title is 'the deterioration of work and its rewards in corporate America'. it was published in 2001, and since I work in corporate America there is likely some things in it that I find to be relatable. this was one of three books that I picked up. the other two are history books, which as a history major appeal to me. there is 'America, a portrait in history' and 'a history of civilization, 1815-present'. those two were published in 1974, and 1976, respectively. not sure why all of them became free books, but I am not complaining about that at all.
   tonight I performed at two different venues. I had more stage time at the second than the first. there was ones about the news is on, a Shakespeare quote, junk mail, doing karaoke, LL Cool J, seeing a bio-pic, and grease is the word.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment