Monday, August 7, 2017

angel, shaggy

I did karaoke tonight and the first of five songs was 'angel' by shaggy. at some point it means doing the inspiration of it, 'angel of the morning'. it was harder to do this song than expected since it goes fast, but I did fairly well keeping up. I recall this song being one of two played before a baseball game in Milwaukee, just over a week after 9/11. the other was 'just a girl' by no doubt. other songs I did were 'lonely people' by America, 'under the bridge' by red hot chili peppers, and 'the sign' by ace of base. I recalled 'lonely people' being in a film when I was in high school. and I have said it before that I have understood loneliness for a while. this is also what I have said about 'Eleanor rigby' by the beatles, another song I have done on karaoke night. 'under the bridge' was one I had heard others doing on karaoke nights. the final one I did was 'as I lay me down' by sophie b. Hawkins. it seemed like a good one to close with as I was tired. this is the most songs I have done on a karaoke night, I had the opportunity as there were fewer people than typical. for a while I was just one of three or four, but near the end of my night there were some more.
    It was a really busy day at work, if it wasn't a record number of cases closed on the payoff report it was pretty close to it. but you do what you can, and a Tuesday is usually good as a catch-up day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment