Saturday, August 19, 2017

inconvenient sequel movie

I went to see the movie 'inconvenient sequel', a documentary starring former vice president al gore, in Eagan this afternoon. it had been a while since I had seen the original, 'inconvenient truth', so it is hard to compare the two. I noticed how he got plenty of his bio in this one, including how his dad was a senator before him. no big deal, it's his movie after all. I liked how there was things depicted in it showing change has happened, to using more renewable energy like solar power. there was plenty about the paris summit from 2015 in it. odd how it sometimes had subtitles, but they didn't really need it as I could understand them just fine.
   I went to pick up items at my PO box this morning, and two e-bay orders were there. my amazon order was there as well, an Eminem CD. I have already been playing it in my car while driving around today, such as to the movie as well as to a friend's CD recording at a microbrewery. I picked up an advance ticket for the state fair as well, at a cub foods. while getting back home I stopped at an estate sale and bought two books, two dollars each. one was a self-help book, the other had a collection of poems in it, some were from the bible. mason city was the headliner, and he asked me before the show to tone it down on the laughs. I did so since it is easier to take from a comedy friend. so I did what might be called 'closed-mouth laughing'. eventually I got a seat, after somebody left.
   after the show I drove home and went to the grocery store. then it was off to do some karaoke. I did three songs: 'long time gone' by the Dixie chicks, 'wonderwall' by oasis, and 'jambalaya' by hank Williams. there was a lady who did a song I had done before, 'still rock and roll to me' by billy joel. later on she did 'danke schoen' by wayne newton, famous for being in the movie 'ferris bueller'.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment