Thursday, August 3, 2017

pasta in the breakroom

at midday there was pasta in the breakroom from buca di beppo, so I had some of it. more than one kind, and I liked seeing the parmesan cheese available so I used plenty of it. I knew full well it needed to be heated up first, since it had been in a pan sitting out on the table for at least a little while.
   In the evening I did some karaoke, 'rain king' by counting crows, as it had rained a little today. I went out to perform after calling my dad. there was a voicemail on my phone when I was on the way to Walgreen or already there, wanting to print photos since there was an announcement at the office about our facility czar leaving soon. I checked my phone and we hadn't spoken since the middle of June, over a month ago, before I had even traveled to St. Louis for my annual visit. sounds like he will not be visiting me here in the Twin Cities this year. he spoke of plans to see an Iowa Cubs baseball game in  Des Moines at the end of August, near the end of their season. our call was just over 30 minutes, since I spoke of wanting to go out and perform tonight. when he gets voicemail he often will say if I am out performing, and sometimes I really am. I would have liked doing more than one song, but since I hadn't spoken with Dad for a while I was no big deal. at least I got some stage time in tonight. the harmonica guy did 'Wagon Wheel', a song I had done before.

No comments:

Post a Comment