Thursday, August 3, 2017

what's your fringe show?

tonight I went over to a venue doing a preview before fringe festival began. I wanted to pick up my day pass as I have signed up for 3 volunteer shifts. outside the venue I saw two people in costumes, one was a purple full-body costume and the other hard to describe. I asked 'what is your fringe show' and found out they were in different shows. but I got a card from both. one of them I said it reminded me of judi dench, as she has 'dame' in front of her name and 'dame' is part of the title of her show. I decided to get a better look at the cards I was given, when I had the time. one of them was called 'Dame Dada and the Meta show' at Ritz Theater. The other was 'the fainting room', at the phoenix theater.
    in other issues. it was great to see a performer return to the open-mic tonight, in fact it was the rapper that I had wanted to see for a while. I performed as well, but not at the same time. the facility czar sent us an email just before midday about an explosion at a school in Minneapolis. when we work in downtown st. paul, about 5 miles away, I wondered why it said 'assets affected' in the email, referring to our office. it is far enough away where it didn't affect us in terms of trying to get our work done. there was plenty of news coverage about it though. early reports not no fatalities confirmed, but when 2 were reported as 'missing' and others in critical condition, then a death toll is likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment