Thursday, August 31, 2017

bench clearing brawl, then fireworks

in the evening I went to the st. paul saints baseball game, the home finale for this season. I walked around for a little while after arriving, getting pizza and some root beer. also saw Philadelphia native, who is an 'usher-tainer' there- and he got a selfie of the two of us. at the end of the 3rd inning I finally went to my seat on the right field foul line, row one. they were playing Winnipeg, and there was a hard slide into home for the first run, and it erupted into a bench clearing brawl. haven't seen many of these in person. not sure if anyone was ejected, but I saw the home plate umpire point to both dugouts, as a warning. then the saints pitcher eventually plunks a batter, and I he was no doubt ejected. mark hamburger can in and pitched the rest of the game. but the saints couldn't score anything, and they lost to Winnipeg 5-0. all runs were scored before the 'long haired wonder' came in to pitch. there was fireworks after the game, enjoyed chatting a little with the couple next to me, they had two young daughters and the wife had a zip-up hoodie with an iowa hawkeye logo on it. I said I went to the same school.
  it was a busy day all around, as I took the day off and went to the Minnesota state fair. I saw a fellow comic at her radio booth, and I went to some of the typical places I like going to. this included having a pork chop on a stick, as well as going to the fine arts building. I capped my time there with the giant slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment