Saturday, September 9, 2017

elephant pool, disneyland

 went to jesse james festival in northfield this afternoon, and I liked finding some postcards in a vintage shop. one of them was of the elephant pool at Disneyland. another was of a covered wagon at Lincoln's new salem village, as well as the grave of president james polk, in Nashville. also got ones of Chicago's coliseum, and of new York's LaGuardia airport. and I got a paperback book, 'you are too much, Charlie brown'.
  when I got back I got a haircut at sport clips to get ready for a date, but then checked e-harmony and found out that my date canceled, claiming to be interested in someone else. how annoying, stating that honesty never really was there. canceled dates have happened before, but that doesn't make it any easier this time. it meant I looked forward to performing tonight even more, as I call it 'dumping pain'. I did karaoke, one song, 'here's a quarter, call someone who cares' by travis tritt. seemed like a good selection based on the mood I was in. I saw chalm-skinn there after I had performed, he was there supporting a friend.
   plenty of e-bay and amazon orders arrived at my p.o. box this week, I checked it this morning. one of them was an amazon order, a CD, 'live through this' by hole, Courtney love's band. I played it on the drive to and from northfield. there is another CD order that hopefully will arrive soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment