Sunday, September 10, 2017

taylor swift, def leppard

I was back to filming segments for comedy friends. it meant reviewing things, I chose 'up in the air' (movie, book, soundtrack) as well as a DVD of a CMT crossroads episode. it was taylor swift and def leppard. I didn't have any of their CDs or had seen them in concert, so it is nice to have. I found it at a Walgreen, although the Wikipedia article said it was only for sale at Walmart. but much like at family dollar, there are older, discounted CDs and DVDs there. and I think some of them are previously viewed copies. this first aired in late 2008, according to Wikipedia, and was released in DVD format in the summer of 2009. great concept, I had seen this before. billy joel and Elton john in concert in suburban Chicago in 2001, taking turns singing of few of the other musician's songs. or also MTV, seeing U2 and REM perform together. I am more familiar with def leppard, recognized 3 of their songs on this disc, 'photograph', 'pour some sugar on me', and 'two steps behind'. this is fairly early taylor swift, I am more familiar some of her later songs. I liked the interviews in it as well, although they were not typical interviews. it was more of a conversation between musicians, instead of a journalist asking questions. it was filmed at the acuff theater in Nashville, TN, I had heard of roy acuff, he was honored with a postage stamp.
   I didn't do much else after I got back, I fell asleep for a while and eventually watched 'the simpsons', had seen it already, homer at a chili dog place. still needed to do dishes, recycle, and trash, also went to mcdonald's for an ice cream cone. early in the day I did laundry.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment