Friday, September 1, 2017

patti cakes movie

saw the movie 'patti cakes' at the AMC in Roseville tonight. naturally it reminds me of '8-mile', sine it is about rapping, but this one is a new jersey lady. liked seeing karaoke depicted of course. I had heard about the movie at MSP film-fest, but did not see it there. I like these 'slice of life' films, the indie films seem to fit this description more often. I also thought of 'winter's bone' for some reason, since it all looked so realistic in the way it was filmed although I am aware that both were fictional characters. being a performer, I found some things to be relatable in it. and I thought of my departed grandparents, since one of them is a character in this movie. I would like to think they would have liked seeing me performing, but we will never know. the springsteen song was a nice touch, no surprise for a movie about living in new jersey. also liked picking up a brochure when leaving about indie movies, but it didn't mention this one. it did speak of 'big sick' though, and I have seen it as well. also liked getting photos of the area when I was walking back to my car. liked seeing all of the activity nearby, the cars that kept going past. off in the distance one can see the big red target sign lit up, for the first target store. and this is near the snelling exit for route 36 if I am not mistaken. so I had to have a photo of the road, even though it doesn't show up as well at night.
   at the office, my boss said 'hold down the fort' as he and my work spouse will be in florida next week, training people. we also had pizza at lunchtime, but no speeches and announcements like before. I also saw the attorney on the bus in the evening, and spoke of being at the state fair. she said she had 52 pages left to read in her book about feminism in Minnesota, and the library book is due soon, this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment