Saturday, September 16, 2017

limited edition rice krispies

I made my weekly visit to the grocery store this evening, and I noticed they still had plenty of boxes of limited edition rice krispies in the discount bin. I bought one box last week and bought another one this week. I did a quick count and there are still 45 boxes left. it had a patriotic theme, so these may be left over from the 4th of july. there was also a coupon on the front of the box for jet-puffed marshmallows, that is expiring at the end of the month. but I just eat the cereal, I do not make any baked goods with it.
   there was plenty to do, starting with noticing one of my tires really looked flat and I have been shoving air into it fairly often for a few weeks now. so I called midas and they informed me to get there by 1:30 as they had to order the two tires I needed. thankfully it didn't take long, just over an hour, and I watched some college football that was on ABC in the waiting room, it was UCLA at Memphis. this time of year on a Saturday afternoon, no surprise to find it on TV. I also made it to a costume shop as I wanted to get ready for a show I am in this weekend. and I went to a resale shop for the same reason, but found some books as well. one was a Charlie brown book- snoopy and the red baron. there was also ones by entertainer bill cosby, and civil war poetry. for the poetry book, it was one of five copies on the shelf.
    I also went to the Oktoberfest event at the former Schmidt brewery in st. paul. I was there for just over an hour, in the evening. it was long enough to look around, as well as get some food and drink. I got bottled water, bratwurst with sauerkraut and Bavarian mustard, and potato pancakes with applesauce. I was disgusted with finding out I needed to buy tickets for the drinks, when I didn't need to for the food, even said so.
    I also did some karaoke later in the evening. I did two songs, 'rich girl' by hall and oates, and 'city of new orleans' by Arlo Guthrie. the former was a song I did shortly after arriving, before I even got a beer. but the show runner asked if anyone hadn't sang yet, so I spoke up.


No comments:

Post a Comment