Thursday, October 20, 2011

Boss Is Absent

We were informed early in the workday that the boss would be absent, due to illness. No big deal, we know what we need to get done. And there are days when I don't see the boss at all, as we might both be too busy.
    I went to Subway for dinner, after a long delay on the bus ride home. I think it was due to construction. Then I found some peanut butter crackers at a dollar store, really like those things. Made it home right before the second game of the World Series began. A graphic was shown during the game about how the Cardinals had never played in a 1-0 Series game, and this continued. They led by a narrow margin, 1-0 going into the 9th, then gave up 2 sac flys and lost to the Rangers 2-1. So the series is now tied 1-1. Hard to win a 1-0 game, very little margin for error. I did once see a 1-0 game, at Tiger Stadium in Detroit in the final season of 1999.
   Also at work, there was a conference call I was a part of. It was an orientation for a mentoring program through a local high school. I could tell that the event coordinator was trying to be funny, as I asked what food was being served and he asked what my favorite food was. I said it likely was Godfather's pizza, he said that's what was served. I said 'ha-ha'. He must have had in mind how I do some comedy, he has seen me perform before.

No comments:

Post a Comment