Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Expensive Football Shoes

On the bus this morning I was bored having to listen to a woman talk about her son in high school. Something about how he quit football, even after paying the fee and getting the expensive shoes needed for it. And something about how he was too embarrassed to have her around at the swim meets he is now in. He's a teenager, what did she expect?
   I had another vivid dream this morning, meaning it was another odd one. I looked at the laundry that was drying on the line, and saw bedsheets but both were fitted sheets, made no sense to me. Also saw a blanket if I'm not mistaken. Don't know what it means, when my parents had a clothesline when I was a kid but I don't use one. Or possibly that I should do laundry more often, though it's already done every 2 weeks which is often enough to me.
    There were leftovers from the taco feed, but not the soupy chicken. I liked eating the shredded cheese, of course. And I'm thankful I found enough time to walk a bridge at lunchtime over the river.
    Game 6 of the World Series was postponed due to weather, so I didn't miss anything by going to the comedy club tonight. One comedian friend offered the last slice of pizza, I said 'thank you' twice to be sure I was heard, which made me sound like Little Caesar.
    I like how I get things crossed off my list eventually, in this case it was a copy request for Emerson Hough papers from being in Iowa City recently. What helped was I got one helper form out and taped it to my laptop, and got out my notes and put them nearby for easier reference. Unsure when they will arrive, but I will like having them. Hard to say what I will like the most, but the materials related to the movie 'Covered Wagon' will be nice, and the ad about Hough's books with a picture of Theodore Roosevelt will be as well.
   I liked driving over by the searchlights tonight after the comedy show, it's fun to find the source. I of course thought of the 'Charlie Brown Christmas' special where Linus said to Charlie 'check those searchlights' when looking for a tree. These lights were in relation to the new Little Caesar's location, and mounted into the back of a pickup truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment