Monday, October 17, 2011

Catfight on the Bus

I printed a flyer that said a comedian friend had a certain gig this weekend, wanted to confirm before deciding to attend since it is a longer drive for a show than typical. Also because it's a 'pay show' where I must buy tickets. When a mutual friend sent a text message, I found out it was inaccurate information. So it means seeing the show he really will be at, somewhere else, or doing something besides a comedy show. Will have to find out what works. There was a clash on the bus this morning, surprising how it was 2 women clashing, since it's rare. One of them was unwilling to move over a little to allow another rider to sit since she said she can't stand people who smell. The other rider made a valid point, if she's that picky then why ride the bus? What's typical with these clashes is that in the end, neither one is any better than the other. Since neither one wants to drop it. They got off at my stop, and still wanted to spar verbally by saying 'have an unpleasant day'. Definitely not necessary.
   This may be why I like going to the comedy club, as I can laugh of the long day at work. I think I will want to find a way to get to my friend's show this weekend.  Of course it mainly means seeing if it works in my schedule, but it all comes down to priorities. I can find a way to make it work in my schedule. It can be nice to see shows that aren't open-mic every so often as it means longer sets for those who are performing, and a chance to hear some of the older jokes as open-mic is still about trying out new jokes to see what works and what doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment