Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Flash of Genius

I may have had a 'flash of genius', like the movie about the intermittent wiper, tonight at the comedy club. It was after hitting my head while going up the stairs to get a beer. I wrote down 4 jokes shortly after it. Sometimes inspiration is in spurts. One friend said this is why he keeps pen and paper near his bed, so he can write things down right away after being inspired. What can motivate me is knowing I may forget it quickly if I don't write it down. My memory may be good, but it's still best to help oneself out by writing down as much as you can.
   I did another advisory session at Roosevelt HS in Minneapolis earlier today. I was the first one who arrived, despite waiting at a left turn signal for 5 minutes due to the light rail. One of the things I noticed in the homeroom was a Chilean flag as it was a Spanish classroom as well. The instructor had the students vote for a homecoming king and queen, even suggesting they vote for themselves if they had no other ideas. I knew their homecoming game was moved back a week due to not fielding a varsity football team this season, not enough upperclassmen. So it is now a JV game, against St. Clair, a school near Mankato, also just fielding JV instead of varsity for the same reason. But their opponent is a much smaller school. After I introduced myself, along with the other volunteers, we went into the auditorium and saw a presentation on the screen there for the rest of the session. I was expecting more material to be covered, but it was the introductory session to the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment