Sunday, October 23, 2011

VO5 Shampoo

My date was ill so I prepared the waffles this morning. I was sent with the 2 we didn't eat and decided to put some honey on the one I ate tonight. Thankful I got all of my errand running done before the World Series began this evening. All that was left by then was things I was able to do at home while watching game 4 of the series, like put away laundry and do dishes. Then after the game was over, the Cardinals lost to the Rangers 4-0, I sent on the recycle and got 2 items in the mail. So the series is now tied 2-2. One of them was a membership renewal. 2 things were notable about doing laundry earlier today. First, it was seeing a comedian friend when going to my car after getting the loads in the wash. Didn't recognize him at first, but he was bundled up. Second, it was seeing a condom or two under a former church pew inside the laundromat, which will look odd anywhere. Made it back to my employer's fitness center in the afternoon, decided to claim some VO5 shampoo and a plastic coat hanger I found in the locker room.
  Guess I was too busy, or too tired, to remember getting an entry in on saturday. I stayed in and watched a movie with my date, 'Benny and Joon'. I liked the proclaimers song '500 miles' in it and Johnny Depp is really talented. The choreography was well-done, and the Charlie Chaplin imitation was good. The original plans were to go to the theater and see a movie, the George Clooney thriller 'Ides of March' sounds good but she was coughing too much and didn't want to be a distraction. In the evening we made it to a friend's comedy show in the basement of a bar in Minneapolis. Liked how he did many of my favorite jokes, including 'Lugar', but he had the time for it, being the headliner. We ate at Burger King for lunch, in hopes of finding Simpson items mentioned on a TV commercial a week earlier, but they were gone already. In the evening before the show we went to Joe Senser's in Eagan. I had been to the one in Roseville before officially moving here a few years back. I was in town looking at housing and decided to eat there since it was next to my hotel, the Motel 6. It was also nice to make it back to the dog park, where I got to see my date's dog running at full gallop for a while. But he was hard to find at times, as there are some wooded areas there. Also saw a Hawkeye grad there, we discussed Hawkeye football a little. I did check the score online and knew they beat Indiana by 3 TDs earlier today.
   I did try to watch some of Game 3 of the series, but needed to get to the comedy club for the show. Plenty had changed with the game during the show, it was blown wide open and the Cardinals won 16-7 to go up 2-1. Albert Pujols had a big night, 3 home runs. Just 2 players had hit this many home runs in a World Series game- Babe Ruth and Reggie Jackson.  

No comments:

Post a Comment