Friday, October 7, 2011

Defective Modems

Went to a high school football game tonight, in North St. Paul. Mahtomedi beat them 18-7. As usual, it was no surprise who won and who lost. The visitors were able to convert on 3rd or 4th down 3 times in the first half to keep drives alive, and got 2 long pass plays to set up a touchdown, leading 11-0 at the half. The only score for North St. Paul was set up by an interception return. I hated seeing mistakes deciding the game, but it happens fairly often. North St. Paul had a 1-yard punt due to an unlucky bounce, followed by a fumble by both teams. There were also some 15-yard penalties, not sure what for, but also an impact play.
  Before the game I went to the mall to replace my modem. The one I was given never got off the ground. So I began this entry at a Fedex Office location, and will have to go back and get another one. The odds of having 2 defective modems have to be astronomical. One of the messages I saw was on Facebook, from a classmate about the reunion next year. They went into greater detail than another did about the planning, and I liked having more information available to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment