Monday, October 31, 2011

The Shuffle, Round 3

There was a mandatory meeting at the office scheduled for 10 in the morning, prepared for the worst and hoped for the best. It was scheduled before I left on Friday, so I was left with it in the back of my mind over the weekend. It wasn't a 'pink slip' meeting, as some new opportunities were announced on transferring to other departments within the office. I had tried for this twice before and wasn't picked. I am still kind of miffed about it. It seems appropriate to call it 'the shuffle, round 3'.
    At the comedy club tonight there were plenty of pictures on the wall. Nothing unusual here, but they were  about the club's 20th anniversary celebration this week. As much as I would like to attend one of the shows, as it will be a good variety of entertainers, I don't think I can find the time in my schedule. It does make me think about what was going on in the world back when the club opened in 1991, and what was going on in my life. Same as any other 2-decade period, plenty can happen. In this area, the relevant thing is that the Mall of America hadn't opened yet. Even though it was Halloween, few performers were dressed in a costume, I saw just 2, both women.

No comments:

Post a Comment