Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Construction Delay

The bus was late this morning, informed it was due to a construction delay. Seems wrong to have construction this late in the season, it's October after all. But as the saying goes about the Midwest, there are 2 seasons: winter and construction. I don't like being late for work, thankfully this is a rare thing.
    Didn't go outside at all during lunch due to the rain. There was a false alarm on a fire drill, after a real drill on Tuesday. It went fine onstage tonight, one crowdmember said she liked my name. It led to some crowd rap, I usually try to avoid this as I want to stay focused on my prepared jokes. I had a brain freeze but recovered well. I know well enough to just try to go to the next one I remember on my mental list. I decided to lead off with a joke I thought of shortly after arriving at the club. It was about crowd noise at the Monday Night Football game this week. Much like many other comics, I like trying to work in some new jokes to see how well they go. But one must be aware of tried-and-true jokes that the crowd will like. It was a good mix of the two categories.

1 comment: