Sunday, October 30, 2011

Ides of March

Went to see the movie 'Ides of March' at the Grandview theater in St. Paul earlier today. It was anti-climactic at the end, seemed like it ended kind of abruptly. I liked George Clooney in it, he played a presidential candidate. It is likely somehow a reference to the Shakespeare play 'Julius Caesar' as a Soothsayer was known for saying 'beware of the Ides of March', or March 15. Also found 2 more of those Charlie Brown and Snoopy statues, looks like the total is at 111 now. It was the first we had found since the first of the month, the Linus in Sleepy Eye. We aren't out of ideas yet on where to find them. Liked eating at Genghis Grill in Eagan in the evening, made it home in time to see the Halloween episode of the Simpsons. It included a parody of the French movie 'Diving Bell and Butterfly', one that I had seen. It was about the editor of a fashion magazine with 'locked in syndrome', who was unable to communicate except by blinking eyes. So his memoirs were dictated this way.
    I liked getting most of my errand running done early in the day before the date, so there was less of a sense of urgency to get it done in the evening when I had less energy. I slept later than typical, until 10am, and said I needed to get milk and orange juice, not wanting to get a breakfast sandwich at McDonald's since I would be eating again around 12noon. So it meant doing the weekly grocery run then, which is more practical. Also did the dishes and recycle, and going through the mail, most of it junk. Since I tend to take out important things like a bill right after recognizing it, I find that it's no big deal to let most mail wait a few days before truly getting a close look at it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment