Thursday, October 27, 2011

Great Pumpkin and The Series

Divided my time tonight at first between the Charlie Brown Halloween special 'Great Pumpkin' and the World Series. What a wild night! I put in a photo order at Walgreen and got home right before prime time programming began. I told myself I wanted to pick them up after the game was over, then couldn't wait until game 6 was over as it went into extra innings. After the 10th inning ended, I drove over to Walgreen again to pick up the photo order, and get some drain opener for the bathroom sink. I was listening to the radio broadcast in my car, and as I was pulling into the lot it ended on a walkoff home run. So there will be a game 7, since the Cardinals won tonight over the Rangers. It was something like the 4th walk off home run in game 6, the previous 3 were quite famous, in 1975, 1991, and 1993. The Cardinals kept tying it, 7-7 and then 9-9 the next inning, it ended 10-9. I did pull out my Great Pumpkin book while watching the special, and the election special after it called 'You're Not Elected' as it was a reminder of winning it when finishing 2nd in a reading contest in 2nd grade. The book has held up well, helps that it's hard cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment