Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Ford Plant

When I went to the bathroom at work earlier today I saw an abandoned paper, the business section. On the front page was something about the Ford plant in St. Paul closing in December. It has been there since the 1920s. I've tried to get a tour there, but have been told there haven't been any since 9/11. I called this an 'invalid' reason. I like the Dairy Queen near there as I like ice cream, and they have plenty of nice pictures on the wall, including of the Ford plant. They make the Ford Ranger pickup there, so I think more than one of my dad's vehicles over the years have been made there. I think he said an F150 pickup he owned was made there as well, one he had when I was in junior high and high school. I knew there was an interest in closing the plant for years now, but the company kept finding a way to keep it open. My dad had asked about it and told him whatever I knew from reading the papers and watching the news on TV.
    It was nice attending the comedy show tonight, saw a new comic (to me anyway) that was funny, and some of my friends were performing as usual. I'm used to them not always doing favorite jokes since they need to try new material. It was definitely not a rookie, she said she had performed at a club I had heard of before. I am on their email list as the same promoter happened to promote a show last year where Tom Arnold was the headliner.

No comments:

Post a Comment