Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Oh No, Another One

I was sent another modem, then went to the UPS facility to confirm it was a modem and was told I could refuse it. So I did, since I already have one. I was thankful I had the time to take care of it before needing to depart for the comedy club. This morning there was the usual people watching on the bus, a big talking guy who appeared to be homeless based on the collapsible grocery cart he had with him. He spoke about the likes of George Foreman having comebacks, and so would he. For some reason it still reminds me of the Gene O'Neill story 'Iceman Cometh' about all the sad stories from the people with failed lives.
     In the evening after being at the comedy club I saw a small grill set up in my neighborhood, wonder what he was grilling. Liked seeing a comedian friend back from NYC, I talked with his friend for a little while. I didn't do so the previous night. Found out he wasn't staying for the next open-mic tomorrow, as he has a dayjob and wanted to fly back home. So I liked knowing how in some ways we were similar, despite living in different parts of this great nation of ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment