Saturday, February 2, 2013

Amish Paradise

   For some reason I have the parody song 'Amish Paradise' by Weird Al Yankovic stuck in my head. It of course is a parody of 'Gangsta's Paradise' which was in the movie 'Dangerous Minds', Michelle Pfeiffer was in this movie.
   I got some errand running done by midday, like going to get photos onto a CD at Walgreen so I can upload them to Facebook. There was also printing things at the library, since of course I usually go on Thursday but was at the hockey game. I decided to share one photo from the 'Diner skits' on my Facebook timeline so I could more easily print it. Then there was also getting an oil change done for my car. I got two photos added, more to come later when I have the time. These are the ones for the 'ring of honor', comedian friends number 5 and 6.
   I had dinner with my date and another couple in the evening. It was at Jensen's in Burnsville. I liked seeing the archival photos framed on the wall, one was of a drive-in movie theater which was demolished in 1976. We also watched a 'Little House' episode, the one where Laura goes to take a class in the summer in Arizona and hears Ralph Waldo Emerson speak. I also liked watching 'Life to the Max' after the late news, the features included going to a music museum at Lake Okoboji in Iowa. There was also quite a bit about the Clear Lake plane crash in 1959 that claimed Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and the Big Bopper. The other two features were about somebody with Asperger syndrome, and showing ancient ruins in Guatemala. We also watched the show before it, 'Storm Stories', about the survivors of a shipwreck from 1982.

No comments:

Post a Comment