Friday, February 22, 2013

Think Fast, Broken Glass

   I went to a comedy show tonight as a friend was the MC. When I arrived, fairly early, I saw somebody getting ready for the show and they spoke about the broken glass from the previous show. Something about it being called a 'Think Fast' show. My comment was it sounds like they may not have been thinking fast enough. I knew many of the comics in the show, one of them is now using a stage name apparently. It's a slight variation of her real name- the southern girl who works at the university. I parked at the university's ramp and walked a few blocks as it was good exercise and a good deal after-hours. The hotel ramp near the bar and comedy club can be expensive. I liked seeing a friend before the show, I helped him get a screen out to his vehicle. He tells me the diner skit we are both in will be shown at his show tomorrow, so I will have to find my way there.
  At lunchtime I did mail a button to a school, at the post office that moved recently. It was mentioned in our weekly 'News To Know' email as it is now closer to us, across the street. It would be inaccurate to say it is connected by the skyway, as the only customer entrance is from the street and not the skyway. I picked up another box of Girl Scout cookies, from the popcorn wagon. This is the same place where I got the first box, which I just finished.
  On the bus home tonight I saw a man wearing a PBR, as in the beer, cowboy hat, and plenty of bling on his hands and neck. He also had a cane and a cigarette. In the mail I finally got the postcard I sent myself from the weekend in Chicagoland.
  Tonight on 'Nightline' there was a segment about bookwriters, especially those who write for younger readers. It was followed by one about bodyguards for famous people. There was even a clip from the movie 'The Bodyguard', which I still haven't seen yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment