Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Smile and Wave Video

    At work we were asked to be part of a 'Smile and Wave' video. It took about a minute and it sounded like it was for a team-building event. It was my first day back in the office but it didn't take long to get caught up with things. But this probably won't be a busy week since i am doing special requests, unless I am asked to fill in for a colleague somewhere. I had hoped to see the new Post Office nearby but it looks like the public entrance is outside and not in the skyway. I didn't have my coat on, and it's cold outside, so it will have to wait. On TV I am still seeing a Honda car commercial about a President's Day sale, with Washington and Lincoln impersonators. What's memorable is how Lincoln will say 'Oh yeah'.
  At the comedy club tonight a friend did go onstage although he wasn't in the lineup I saw printed. He did do the joke about dropping a smoke bomb when leaving the room mysteriously, which I like. Also notable was seeing the Southern transplant for the first time in a while, the university employee. She did a joke about attitudes on being single, based on somebody's age. Whether or not they had already turned 30, and how those under 30 were still hopeful but those over it were not.
   I went grocery shopping tonight after the comedy show and the news, I really didn't have anything left. As usual I bought just what I needed for the rest of the week, which is less than my typical order. I just didn't feel like doing this errand last night, after getting back from Chicago. Actually I was at the grocery store last night, but it was to get just one item, a can of soup. I decided it was all I needed for the day.  I prefer just one visit a week, but I have done this before.

No comments:

Post a Comment