Monday, February 25, 2013

Protesting The Bank

I was passing by the bank earlier today and noticed the entrance was more restricted than typical, most of the glass panels were up. When I inquired within one of the tellers said some group was protesting the bank. Why, I don't know.
   When doing more online Emerson Hough research I may have found another book, but it is hard to tell at this point. Available on E-bay, and Amazon, is books known as 'The cowboy', Volumes 1 and 2, apparently published in 1897 and 1908. These are being sold as reprints. I know Hough wrote 'Story of The Cowboy' in 1897. There was also a link to the University of Iowa, which has some of his papers, about doing a book for a Western series. I don't see myself ordering it at this point, other things interest me right now. It was a recent reprint, just last year. Some of the items available on the
E-bay site include articles he wrote for magazines like the Saturday Evening Post.
   I am retiring a shirt the typical way I do, by ripping it up. I noticed a tear near the right cuff while at work, and knew eventually the hole would get bigger. This happened while at the comedy club. Liked hearing the show closer doing the 'Aggressive Cuddler' joke again, about his lady friend. I spoke some about the diner skit I am in to those I saw there. I am hopeful to find it online somewhere after seeing it this weekend. There was also one comic that used another comic by saying he was a unicorn. After the show I saw the aftermath of a crash at the exit I used, looked like a semi hitting a car. At work it was a typical busy Monday, doing the larger payoff report. I could have done more errands at lunchtime but didn't give myself enough time to do so, like get trash bags at Walgreen. So I got the trash bags after the comedy show. Also checked the loyalty program balances, it looks like I lost most of my points with Best Buy. The sad thing is I don't think I really care, when I don't shop there much. Something about an annual point expiration. It's 250 points to a $5 gift certificate, and little can be had for that amount.
  A notable event was hearing the news how former Surgeon General C. Everett Koop had died. He had achieved some press when advocating condom use. I recall being on a church work camp one time and when a fellow camper knew plenty about 'Nutrasweet' I said 'Thank you, C. Everett Koop'. No, I didn't mean it as a compliment by any means. Not at that age anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment