Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Impressionist Comic

   I went to the comedy club tonight, and the notable performer was the impressionist comic. He had plenty of props and did impressions of famous people like Jesse Ventura, Harry Caray, Darth Vader, and Forrest Gump. He went over his time and dropped the microphone twice. I asked the comic after him if she thinks he would be a tough act to follow and she said yes. But she did her very best, and it helped to refer to who she had to follow.
   I got more reservations for some upcoming travels, for a while I just had the plane ticket. But now I have the hotel room and rental car, so this just leaves the event ticket.
   On Facebook somebody said they bet I was at the Lady Gaga show at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul tonight, but I was not. I said the tickets were too expensive, as the cheapest price point was all sold out. This was likely due to having just one show this time instead of two. I am hopeful that there will be more shows in the upcoming years, as I did see the show in 2010. There was a feature on the news about high heels made for her, and the theme was bees as she is sometimes called 'The queen bee'. Though I am more familiar with her being called 'the Mother Monster' as she likes calling her fans the 'Little Monsters'. Something about whoever made them hopes that Gaga wears them during the show. I liked reading a recent article in the paper about what fans could expect from this tour, based on the journalist seeing an earlier show. I haven't picked up her latest CD 'Born This Way', but I do have the other two already.

No comments:

Post a Comment