Friday, February 15, 2013

Dominatrix on 'Nightline'

   I am watching ABC's 'Nightline' show and the leadoff feature is from Lisa Ling's 'Our America' series. There was an interview with a dominatrix known as 'Miss Nina'. BDSM as it's called has become more mainstream, as it has been depicted in movies. I recall it as far back as in 1987's 'Real Men' starring Jim Belushi and John Ritter. Belushi's character met a dominatrix in it. There was also mention of a book called '50 Shades of Grey'.
   I got pictures at a post office that will be moving, I did so at lunchtime. I liked the repeated artwork on the wall there, so I made sure to see it this time instead of drop off mail at another post office in downtown St. Paul. These things are made out of metal apparently, possibly copper. The five pictures were of a stagecoach, covered wagon, ship, train, and a World War I- era biplane. Makes sense as these are various modes of transport, and of course ways to get the mail where it needs to go. I didn't see anyone to get permission for this, somebody at the counter selling postal products must have been busy. So I decided to 'Be quick, and be gone' about it so there was little or no chance that anyone would notice and then complain. But when they are moving it may be a case of 'Who cares?' I did notice how a surveillance camera was in one photo. I got some outside as well, as I liked seeing the Postal Service logo built into the facade along with 'Post Office and Customs House' under it.
   On the bus this morning I saw the grouchy woman again. She complained about the winter, and much like before I yelled to her 'Move to Arizona'. A woman sat next to me when I moved to the back and told me not to encourage her. But she usually doesn't say much after she is finally seated. Then this woman tells me she has a story, like most anyone else does. Something about how she had a brain injury as a child that causes her behavior. And how she does clerical work for the county, and has siblings who are doctors and lawyers who check in on her. And how she has been banned from the bus before. Makes sense that she likely doesn't drive if she's on the bus all the time.
   In the evening there was another bus story. It was a woman who I could tell was switching between Spanish and English, I think there was a movie called 'Spanglish'. Eventually she kept making comments about seeing so many cowboy outfits near the Xcel Energy Center. Eventually I got out the paper and started reading it. I got to the entertainment section, and on the front page there was a picture of George Strait. I said 'George Strait concert, the country singer'. That's why you're seeing so many cowboy outfits near the X. She said thank you. Seemed odd to be clueless about it when there are big video boards clearly stating the upcoming events.
   Tonight I was listening to my car radio and heard 'Hey Jealousy' by the Gin Blossoms. It was a flashback to being in college. I once wrote how I at first hated the song as I thought too much about my own jealousy. But at the time I was in a bad relationship. Later on I really liked the song, as by then I had quit the jealousy and had ended the relationship. Before I graduated from college I drove up to Luther College in Decorah to see them in concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment