Thursday, February 7, 2013

Modern Love by Matt Nathanson

    I was driving to the library tonight to print some things and there was a catchy song on the radio. It was 'Modern Love' by Matt Nathanson. Especially memorable were lyrics like 'Store bought words' and mention of politicians.
   I saw two 'Big Bang Theory' episodes tonight. The first one was a syndicated rerun, where Sheldon heckled Leonard at a presentation and then their fight ended up on Youtube. The first-run episode was about couples moving in, but things were back to normal by the end of the episode. It looks like they're still keeping up the gag about Howard's mom being fat, loud, and not seen. In tonight's episode, you do see somebody moving in the background but not her face. She corners Raj, and then Howard said he wasn't rescuing him. He said to his wife, Bernadette, that we'll see him at his bar mitzvah.
  'The Simpsons' syndicated rerun was also a good one. It was where Lisa dresses up as a boy so she can take a better math class, after the genders are separated at the school. She gets the nickname 'Toilet'. I had seen it before but I still liked it.
   At work I was asked to help with a payoff report in the afternoon as it hadn't been printing for a few days. It didn't take long to do, but notable was how I accidentally hit a colleague with the door to the vault when I was coming out. This happens a little too often, unfortunately. But I do my best to be careful, on both sides of the door.
  More orders have been made for the upcoming travels, all that is left now is the museum ticket for a special exhibit. As usual there are Facebook invites from my comedian friends for their upcoming shows, will have to see which ones work in my schedule.
   A colleague did speak of a rumor how the Houston Aeros hockey team may move, but I had to check it out myself online. There was something in the Houston paper last month saying their future is in doubt, as their lease is up at the end of the season. But all it said was that they're in talks to try to keep the team in Houston. It's relevant to the Twin Cities as this is the Minnesota Wild's top minor league affiliate. Various cities for relocation were mentioned on other sites, which are likely to be filed under 'sports talk radio' which are often just rumor and opinion so I don't look at them much. These included Des Moines, Kansas City, and Sioux Falls. I did remind him how hockey (in this league anyway) failed after just four seasons in Des Moines, the Iowa Stars/Chops. The owners used the team as collateral for a loan to cover operating expenses, so the league had no choice but to take away their franchise. Iowa is not a hockey state, few high schools and colleges have teams there. I went to Des Moines (Junior-A) Buccaneers games as a youngster, and I had wondered how well it would work to have two teams in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment