Thursday, February 14, 2013

Galatians Verse in Spanish

    I was riding the bus home tonight and saw somebody receive a Bible verse from Galatians on a stickie, likely in Spanish. It was chapter 3, verses 26-27. It speaks of being children of God through faith, and being clothed in Christ. I did attend church more often as a youngster and still have 3 Bibles, but don't know that many verses. Two of them are Revised Standard and the third is a Good News version. Churches gave me two of them and parents gave me the third, one of the RSV's. I like music so I like Psalms the most as they are the closest to music. Also read Ecclesiastes in a popular college class called 'Quest For Human Destiny', where we also read 'Catcher in The Rye'. It was the summer version so we didn't watch the movie '2001- a Space Odyssey' but I found it for rent at a video store and still watched it.
   At work it was a free casual day if wearing red, so I put on a red sweater for a group picture in the main breakroom around lunchtime. A colleague, the lollipop girl, brought in some little boxes of Valentines Day candy. It was nice to do something to mark the day. I shared the story about getting a similar box from the extended family when I was leaving suburban Chicago nine years ago.
   I watched 'Big Bang Theory' with my date this evening. I like how they're continuing with what is expected out of certain characters, but with a twist. Sheldon is still picky-picky and a neurotic control freak hypochondriac, but now it involves his lady, Amy Farrah Fowler, more than it did. I would like to think there are some possibilities with the new character, his assistant, who bought the gifts for Amy as Sheldon claimed he was too busy to do so himself. I did watch some of the syndicated rerun as well, it was one I had seen before where they bought a movie prop at an auction, from an old time-traveling movie. When I was driving over tonight I heard on my car radio the song 'Tide is High' by Blondie. I know it's a cover, as the song was first done by John Holt. But I still like this one, it's the one I know best. I recall how it once gave me courage because I heard it and didn't want to end up hating the song later. I am fully aware of how music can be tied to memories, good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment