Monday, February 4, 2013

Microphone Inside Shirt

   At the comedy club tonight, one of the early comics was trying really hard to do a particular joke about the cold weather that the microphone and the cord was wrapped inside and around his shirt and even on one of his gold chains. It was way easier to take care of it when he had his shirt taken off. Before the show I said to one fellow comic how it sounded like he borrowed from the P.T. Barnum quote about a 'Sucker being born every minute'. And how being a comedian became less fun when it became a job.
  After being at the club I went to Walgreen and got some razors. While there I also got some candy bars as there was a deal for a thousand points on the loyalty card. These were Nestle as opposed to Hershey when I saw it before. I got two Baby Ruths and two Hundred Grands. Now I'm over halfway there on getting to cash in.
   On my car radio tonight I heard a song that brought back memories, as it was 'Lonely No More' by Rob Thomas. It was a reminder of my visit to New York in 2005, the day I was upstate in order to see the baseball Hall of Fame. I was on my way back to the train station in Albany and spoke of how I like the song since I agreed with the 'angry no more'. Though I was definitely a little angry all too often after this for a while.
   At work there was a quick meeting about personnel changes on management. The grouchy woman on the bus complained about the bus being late, and as usual I moved farther back so I wouldn't have to deal with her as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment