Wednesday, June 15, 2016

anna molly, incubus

this morning I was walking through the skyway before reporting for work, and at an erbert gerbert sandwich shop I heard some music. I circled long enough to hear a key lyric where I could look it up later, and found out it was 'anna molly' by incubus. I had seen this band in concert at the myth nightclub in Maplewood, as I liked their song 'drive'. the key lyric I wrote down was 'ships couldn't sail me back'. I also like the opening lyric, 'a cloud hangs over this city by the sea'. sets the tone well for the song. 'wish you were here, I need you now' is also good. though what caught my attention in this song wasn't the lyrics, it was the intense drumming in it, which I like a lot. I found the video on youtube and it depicts a girl found unresponsive in the grass, then at the end stops the coroner from doing the autopsy. probably some meaning to that, not sure what. but as artists have said before, sometimes it is 'whatever you want it to be'. I also know the Wikipedia page said the song title has another meaning, since it sounds like the word 'anomaly'.
   I am still dealing with issues on my car, as expected. two people called me this morning on my office phone about picking up my car. I called the repair shop at midday and was told it was picked up.so now I can look forward to getting the check in person on Friday before I go car shopping. I did plenty of researching online about used car lots, and there are four that appear to be worth a look. I am thinking of the larger selection, as I like having plenty of options. the four most important thigns to me are price, mileage, size, and make of car. there likely is something that wins on all four 'nice to haves', but not a lot. sometimes it works just fine though, where it narrows the list quite a bit. know what you want going in is helpful. I did get pre-approved for a loan at a credit union that I found in the skyway.
   in spite of challenges on getting around for performing, I did get to the club tonight as I could make it on the bus. it worked well on doing stories about the car, with mention of the song 'lord mr. ford' by jerry reed. others were about a question on facebook about what 'metaphor' means, when somebody was discussing the song 'power of love' by huey lewis and the news. others were about being stuck, the incubus song, and doing the 'Vivian maier thing', referring to photography. and of course cleaning out the car. seemed to be a good way to handle an emotional thing, parting with this car, tell these stories about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment