Saturday, June 25, 2016

land, you varmint

I got home from work and I was getting annoyed by a fly that kept buzzing around. so I finally decided to follow it around and, much like before, said 'land, you varmint'. it took a few minutes, but I cornered it and smashed it. thankfully I don't have flies getting inside my home much.
    I did go to the comedy club tonight as I knew the big dog was going to be the headliner. he said there wasn't stage time available, probably should make my formal request much earlier especially when he is hard to get ahold of. the barber, blind side, the basketball player, and perkins were opening acts. I didn't know the MC, but was told he was from Chicago.
   the second show, the open-mic, I did get stage time at that one, first time in months. I did jokes about motel 6, a golf club, the car salesman, paranoid, and attending a burlesque show.
   I liked getting caught up on the letters at the office, aided by needing to reject one letter. I also got caught up on another thing, gift cards. I got two 'star awards' this month and didn't want to wait too long to order them as I know it can be easy to forget about them and they expire after a full year. I got gift cards for kohl's, and bed bath beyond. I still have one from bed bath, as I knew I would need another bookcase. one of them collapsed and now I have just half of it remaining, the other had fold-up shelves and is in bad shape. would it be relevant to use one of dad's saying and say 'what a way to go?' possibly. as I have three bookcases and the only good one right now I bought at bed bath. I know how true it is about how 'you get what you pay for'. at first I wondered how to get it home when it was already assembled, and an employee noticed something I hadn't about my car. it was how I could put the back seats down to extend the trunk. this did make it much easier for me, especially when I usually don't use the back seats anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment