Thursday, June 9, 2016

live blogger, part two

I was thrilled to get the chance to work with the Wisconsin couple again, much like at the meat raffle show late last year. this was at a different venue, and I was asked to be the 'live blogger'. it was a contest night, five contestants. heavy machinery was the MC and pinch finger was the headliner. I did not know the feature act, he is from new York city, but he was good. I liked his jokes about cat ladies and being invited to his ex's wedding. machinery did one about PE teachers. others were about a seafood tag and kraft singles. pinch finger interviewed me early in her set, I said good luck to the contestants and what I liked about the earlier acts. I was asked if I needed anything, I said a bathroom break so I was able to go onto the stage to use the one in the green room. she did ones about lunch ladies, and live in the now. others were about harlequin romance books, Danielle steel, mom burns plastic, intervention, going ren, and helpimg make tacos. then I was interviewed a second time, and spoke of being in Toronto for the pan-am games last summer. it was in reference to one joke she did about being on the phone with a parent, reminding me of when Dad called me when I was in Toronto. others she did were about service cats, and bottle rockets. she shared some stage time with the MC near the end of the show, and it included one about a book of the bible, ecclesiastes. after the show they took me back to my car as I said I had parked a few blocks away. it was hard to find a parking spot in the area, I think not only due to the comedy show but also the Twins game. I had her sign a flyer promoting the show, for my comedy binder. he had already signed an open-mic lineup earlier. I had meant to do both after the meat raffle show but we just wanted to get out and go home as it was late and we were tired. normally I don't go to the clubs this night of the week, but thankful for the stage time as I like working with great comics like these two.
   I still watched 'big bang theory' tonight, but just one episode. syndicated rerun was when leonard tried to watch a Nebraska football game with Penny's friends and eventually went to fly kites with Sheldon. at work I was able to fish out a origami paper crane, it was caught in a file cabinet. I just needed to get something to reach in far enough and make the end sticky enough to fish it out. it worked to put some tape on the end of the ruler. also notable was being in a rush to get on the bus to work. I didn't notice until I got to the office that I didn't have my belt, I left it at home. but my outfit still fit just fine, and I decided it was best to have a poker face about it. we even had a group photo for the mentoring program, I was in the back row next to the senior leader that is often razzing me. I find his daughter easier to talk to.
  there may be a song or two to help me remember the night of landing a coveted gig. when I got in my car to go home I did hear some music on my car radio. there was one that went 'Ophelia, everybody falls in love' I think. others I knew better, like 'holiday' by green day and 'wagon wheel' by darius rucker. I liked hearing 'tennessee' in the last one, reminds me of visiting a college roommate 8 years ago who lived in that state at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment