Friday, June 10, 2016

joy movie, jennifer lawrence

it worked just fine to stay in for the most part tonight. I went to eat and then picked up a redbox rental. it was 'joy', based on a true story about a mop inventor, played by jenny Lawrence. I usually say that much more than Jennifer. I have liked her since I saw 'winter's bone'. jenny doesn't disappoint in this one. I will admit that the first part, covering her dysfunctional family, was hard to watch but the story still needed to be told. I say this because I have one of those kinds of families as well. but once they get into the actual invention of the mop and trying to get it on a platform where it would sell well then I liked the movie more. some of the actors were familiar from other movies jenny has done, as she has acted with Bradley cooper and Robert de niro before. at times when she was struggling, I said 'this can't be how the story ends' as no way would there have been a movie about it. I am used to the disclaimer about how it is 'based on actual events, some scenes and characters were invented for dramatic effect'. I have a good idea what scenes likely were, as they are trying to sell a  movie. thankful I saw it, so yes I think it is worth seeing. like many movies I was more willing to try it as a redbox rental, as it can be a chore to see movies at the theater due to the cost and the distance. another takeaway was hearing a rolling stones song in it, but I don't think I recognized too many of the other songs, even after checking the closing credits for what music was used. I got the joke about the soap operas that her mom watched, as at times the lines were blurred, implying  that the real family was a soap opera.
   I ate at a subway as I was getting annoyed how long it was taking to get into a bathroom at a taco bell. door was locked and a mom was talking through the door, I guess her kid was in there. she saw and heard me leave and I made a point of telling an employee at the counter that I wanted to eat there but was leaving, and why. and all I wanted to do was wash my hands before eating. I have already proven that it is liberating to say 'I have had enough'.
   I liked seeing a panelist discussion at the office in the afternoon. I knew one of those fielding questions about his career path, a man who happens to be Filipino. I had a question about how they approach interviewing, something I still struggle with. I learned things that I hadn't learned before when one is in passing in the halls, or in the break room, as we often have tight schedules.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment