Sunday, June 19, 2016

replacement shirt, alumni outing

I got started on chores early like grocery shopping and doing dishes so I could get to an alumni outing from the university of iowa. we met at a pub north of the baseball stadium in Minneapolis, where I got a shirt that was part of the fee. it included a game ticket and appetizers as well. if you wanted beer, you had to buy it yourself, and I had a grain belt and a pabst. when I was waiting for the pabst somebody tried to make a joke about it and I said 'you're trying too hard'. this largely became a replacement shirt in my lineup as I noticed the one I was wearing had some small holes in it. this was a shirt I bought when I first moved to Minnesota in 2004, and it was an all-star game shirt as the NHL's Minnesota wild hosted the game that year. so besides the car, there was another thing I junked this week that had a good run. I took a picture of it before ripping it up and throwing it in the trash. there was a wide variety of appetizers, and for this reason I didn't need to have lunch anywhere. I liked the tater tots, fries, little pigs in a blanket, and a piece of chicken. eventually I had to get up and walk around as I was afraid I would keep eating if I stayed in my seat.
   at the game we had seats in the home run porch. it was warm and windy, and I did leave my seat at times to be in the shade for a while. I also decided to get a dairy queen dilly bar and some bottled water during these breaks, as well as go to the bathroom. I still watched the game during this time, as I recall both of the twins home runs were hit during these times in the shade. the twins trailed the new York Yankees early, a solo home run put the Yankees ahead 1-0. but the twins battled back and won 7-4, aided by a 4-run 6th inning that put them ahead 5-2. there were some socks that I got as the giveaway item, longer ones than the Twins socks I bought at the souvenir shop 5 years ago at a gopher baseball game.
  I took public transport home as I don't have my car yet, and after the train and bus brought me home I slept for a while. then I checked email and one of them asked about using a photo for an upcoming gig, had to ask which one and don't know yet. I also liked hearing from the Milwaukeean on facebook, found out we do think alike about some subjects. he liked how I said 'performing has made me happier than dating', and it is true. also saw a posting from mason city who said his kevin love video from nearly 2 years ago is getting hits again as the Cleveland cavaliers just won the NBA title, taking game 7 tonight over the golden state warriors.


No comments:

Post a Comment