Friday, June 3, 2016

homefront novel, chuck logan

I just finished the novel 'homefront' by chuck logan. it was on loan from dad and I will be seeing my dad soon. I had 58 pages left to read today. I had been reading it some, then I put it down months ago, deciding to walk the skyway in the morning instead. well about three weeks ago I decided to start reading again, on the bus in the morning, about 10 pages before I get to the office. it worked out fine as a plan. he sent it to me as he figured I would like the references to the twin cities in it, and the author lives in Stillwater. it was long, just over 400 pages, but something about it kept me reading. I guess there were enough subplots, and the suspense of how it would end. the main character, phil broker, is an undercover cop. and his wife, nina pryce, was in the army. they are living in northern Minnesota and end up clashing with 'a vengeful local clan' as the back cover states. the cover states it also became a movie, and winona ryder is in the movie version.
   this was a day off for me, and I liked getting all ten items crossed off my list. this even meant going to a garage sale near the Roseville library, where I picked up a Red Skelton DVD. I am still very much a student of the craft of comedy. I also liked finding some patriotic Charlie brown and snoopy stickers, after saying what my biggest interests were. I also went to Walgreen and did a photo order, first time since February. the employee was a young man who said he had a lawn care business that was doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment