Friday, June 17, 2016

them bones, alice in chains

I went to a burlesque show tonight. one dancer chose 'them bones' by alice in chains for her musical number, she was a pole dancer. what stuck with me was 'I feel so alone' in this song, and I had a feeling this was the performer and I was right. I liked reading about the song, though some of what was posted about the meaning wasn't necessarily true. some debated about whether or not it was about the death of the frontman for mother love bone, another seattle band. the video is memorable and kind of graphic, to say the least. but it sure is memorable. it depicts animals fighting, and child being born. according to one opinion, it fits the lyrics. 'I feel them bones are me/some say we are born into the grave'. with this band, I know other songs better. like 'man in the box', 'rooster', as well as 'no excuses'. sometimes I am in the mood for this kind of music, it is described as dark.
   notable about the day was taking the day off for car shopping. it started later than expected, but not a big deal. I turned off the alarm at the time I normally do when I go to work, then fell asleep again and woke up again after 8am. that was the scheduled time to pick up the rental car. but I still got around early enough to get done what I wanted to get done. first order of business after getting the rental was go eat, and I found some breakfast pizza and orange juice at a holiday gas station. then it was on to the post office and there was just four items in my box, two were not for me but a previous box holder. so I marked them 'return to sender' and put them back in the mail. the other two were for me, e-bay orders. it was my first time in two weeks checking the box since I had to skip last week. next was the scrap yard, where I picked up my check from selling my previous car. it was in st. paul near a college. I got some nutty bars from the vending machine while there. I still wanted to research cars more before going to a dealer, and it meant the Roseville library. I narrowed down the list some more as some of the cars were farther away than I really wanted to go. one of them was in Owatonna, outside the twin city metro area. I decided on two dealers in inver grove heights, and I asked a mechanic about a check being done. he said it was fine and how much it would be. so then it was on to the dealer, finally. it was already midday by then. I found a compact car that I liked, low mileage, used, and in my price range based on the pre-approval I had from a credit union. mechanic check went fine, thankful I did it as I had more information ay my disposal when negotiating. I agreed to buy the car when two hundred dollars was taken off the price. I liked dealing with the paperwork man at the end more than the salesmen, no surprise there. I can take possession of the car on Monday once the loan paperwork is completed and I am given a check to take back to the dealer. guess I can have a poker face when I need to, and is one time when I needed it. I said 'I like the car but I can't ignore what I found out'. I found it was easier to test drive the car when the salesman wasn't with me anyway. since I drive by myself all of the time. I still returned the rental to the place I rented it from and not another enterrpise location, even though the dealer wanted me in their car right away and said there was a location closer to them. it sounded like it was onsite at first, but the test drive revealed it wasn't. and it was far enough away that I said I would have been arrested if I had tried to walk it since it was so warm. I knew full well that I needed to protect my own interests, and it was just fine to turn down what was offered by the dealer if it wasn't a good deal. I felt good about how well I did, I kept saying 'worth it!' when it was all said and done. it was mostly referring to the mechanic check, but many things about the experience were to me. even of I hadn't done them much before, or my first attempt in some cases. I would like to think I will have this car for a while, maybe not nearly 13 years like the one I just had.  but still a while. I owned one for 5 years, another for six and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment