Saturday, June 18, 2016

dancing and kissing puppet

tonight I went to the comedy club to see a friend perform. she ended her set with a dancing and kissing puppet, and I got a picture of it. I don't know if she had a nickname before, but I think she will now be 'the puppeteer'. I did a selfie with her on her phone after the show. I cleared a chair for her mom when she arrived, a server was leaving empty bowls and such there as it was near the back. it took a while to get home as it was after 10pm and there are fewer trains and buses at that time of night. but I shouldn't have to do this much longer when I can take possession of the car on Monday. after no likes or comments on a facebook thread about car shopping, I finally got some attention when I said I had signed a purchase agreement. I didn't want to say what I bought or how much I paid for it when I don't have the car just yet. I did go through the history of cars I had owned, 2 mustangs, an LTD, and a grand am. since the venue was near bobby and steve's I did eat there after getting off the light rail. I got some godfather's pizza, and a milkshake. the clerk wanted to remind me to blend it, and another one had done this about a week ago, and I said I preferred paying first.
    I also went to the german festival at the former Schmidt brewery in st. paul this afternoon. I had some potato salad and a bratwurst there, along with a peanut butter cookie. I did go inside a tent where there was some live music, one song was 'roll out the barrel'. there was plenty of mention of and exhibit about martin luther coming up at an art museum in Minneapolis, so I may have to go to it. also saw something about hot air balloons, I guess they have a festival for it in Hudson, WI, in February. I am thankful I went as I got plenty of pictures there. I even saw a kid's puzzle about Germany, but I knew it was dated as it had two Germanys so it was before the fall of the berlin wall in 1989, and the re-unification shortly thereafter.
   I called my dad just before midday to say I had bought a car, and he was telling me he still hasn't decided yet if he wants to help out when RAGBRAI, the famous bike race, arrives to the town he lives in. this would be in July, so still a month away. if he does help out he said it likely would be washing dishes, as he is not good at working with the public. sounds much like me, as I did fine as a dishwasher and janitor when I was in school but it was hard to do call center work, my first role with my current employer.
    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment