Tuesday, June 28, 2016

bartender doffed cap

I had hoped to be performing tonight but the comedy show was called off, not enough people showed up. I had a beer and an employee was fine with hearing the jokes I planned on doing. he especially liked the one about seeing a panhandler on the way to the show. the bartender doffed his cap as a way of showing this.
    I walked around some after I had finished my beer, and ended up near a repair shop where I saw what looked like an ATV pushing a car along. this was my 'turn-around point', as I then headed back to my car. I picked up some trash in the lot where my car was parked and as I was putting it in a bin, I noticed somebody I knew from the national writers union. we spoke for a while, and one of the stories he told was seeing the litzaus (two brothers that are boxers) when they were toddlers in st. paul. he is also from st. paul, and is known for articles about boxing. I said I had seen Jason litzau's bout in 2007 at wilkins auditorium in st. paul.
   thr big talk near the end of the day with some of my colleagues was about my colleague from south st. paul, and we had to say 'we didn't hear anything'. I first got an inquiry before 3pm, and this is what I said in response as it was the first I had heard about it. somebody mentionedhow paramedics had arrived. there was something about seeing her just before then when we were doing a 'fan photo' of our facility czar. we were given photos of him on a stick this morning, kind of like what is done at the state fair, as part of a ribbon-cutting  ceremony related to our new facility entrance.  I did not attend the ceremony, too many people there.

No comments:

Post a Comment