Sunday, June 5, 2016

next stop, golf tournament

I started the day in des moines, iowa, at a motel 6 and my dad spoke with a couple that was staying at the same hotel. the couple was headed to a golf tournament. I gave them my business card and enjoyed the conversation with them about various subjects. the wife said she had at one time worked at the American embassy in paris, france, which impressed me. if you're reading, I would say I am hopeful that I am  contacted  as I would like to think I would gain from knowing both of you. I do like to write, evident here, and I like sharing the stories of people I have met. I would like to think both might gain something from knowing me as well. I do make an annual visit to St. Louis, MO, and according to dad this couple lives in Columbia, MO, not all that far away.
   I made two stops on the way back to the twin cities. first was in Williams, iowa, if I am not mistaken, at the flying j travel plaza. the other was also in iowa, in clear lake, at a casey's where I could use my new Hy-Vee loyalty card. I wasn't all that tired, despite the noisy neighbors making it harder to sleep at the hotel. I did drink two cans of Coca-Cola during my drive, something I prefer to avoid due to the sugar content. I did the quick unpacking, since I just had the duffel bag, and then I slept for a while before taking the rental car back to enterprise. then it was some but not all chores and errands, got the laundry done and got to the grocery store just before closing. dishes will have to wait, but of course there aren't many when it is just me. I gained some more Canadian coins for my next visit to Canada, hopefully this year. it was a quarter and dime at the laundromat, so now I have $9.85.


No comments:

Post a Comment