Saturday, September 17, 2016

don't let me down, chainsmokers

I was driving home after a show tonight and heard the song 'don't let me down' by the chainsmokers on my car radio. I have heard this one fairly often lately. besides the title itself, other notable lyrics were 'need a miracle', 'I need you right now', and 'losing my mind'. the video takes place in a wooded area, where two men are in a classic convertible car. it stops for some ladies that are on the road, and one of them is the singer, Daya. I like the instrumental parts when 'don't let me down' is sung, a good interlude. I checked the Wikipedia page for this music act, and found out the chainsmokers are a DJ duo. it was hard to tell when I mainly recalled their song 'selfie'. I found that song to be annoying, but it didn't surprise me at all that somebody did a song about selfies as it became a phenomenon. I do like what DJs can do at times for songs, like when the lana del rey song 'summertime sadness' was remixed by a DJ. david Guetta has done well as a DJ on various songs as well, most notable to me was with nicki minaj, 'hey mama'.
    I was no doubt active today once I left my home and got some things done. this meant going to the post office, nothing in my box but no e-bay or amazon orders lately. then on to the car dealer to have a free oil change done, first since I got the car in june. it was where I found out that the iowa hawkeyes lost to north Dakota state, as the college football scores were on in the waiting room as they had ESPN 2 on. I made an appointment and it was for an hour later, so I went to got shopping nearby at a target store. I hadn't eaten yet so I got a reese's peanut butter in addition to some media- a rolling stones greatest hits CD, and a DVD. I had the rolling stones on cassette tape, but I prefer being able to replace these with CDs whenever possible. it explains why my cassettes have dwindled to less than ten, as I junk them when a replacement is found. I will have to return or exchange the DVD, as I got home and found out I already had the movie. thankfully this doesn't happen too often.
  after the oil change I went to rice park in downtown st. paul and went to the Oktoberfest event. it was all right, but I like the one in new ulm way more. some of the displays there reminded me of what they have at german fest at the former Schmidt brewery. I had a bratwurst and bottled water, much like at other big events the beer was expensive so I didn't drink any. I was there for less than an hour, and during that time I had to fend off a bee multiple times while eating the bratwurst. at one point it was right in front of me when I was biting into the food! then it was off to the library, where I printed a few things, arriving just about 20 minutes before closing, which is 5pm. when I got home and said I was tired enough that I wanted to fall asleep in my car, but knew it wasn't practical. so I got inside and fell asleep in my easy chair. I slept for a while, and woke up just before 8pm. then I was on the road again, to see a comedy show in uptown Minneapolis. I saw the facebook invite, one of two for the night. I figured it was somebody's home as in that part of uptown it is just homes, I know this from going to that neighborhood for movies at the lagoon theater. at first I was bored, having to listen to some inane conversations before the show, people I didn't even know. then I saw them perform improv, two separate acts, and understood they were probably just warming up. it was things like batman and polar bears. the button performed stand-up comedy as well. one of her jokes was about being told she isn't fat. I hadn't seen her perform in a while. this was a basement venue. it took a little while to find a parking spot as it meant parking on the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment