Sunday, September 18, 2016

lightning crashes, live

I went to a volunteer orientation at the soap factory in Minneapolis this evening and during this time I heard the song 'lightning crashes' by the band called live. it is a reminder of my college days. I found the video on youtube. much of it depicts a woman in labor, then it ends with her baby being delivered and being kissed by her. there is another woman in it that lays dead and eventually somebody puts coins on her eyelids. hard to ignore the 'bald angel' in it. this is definitely a solemn song. also memorable was seeing a room where the singer is in and there are all of these books on the floor and some of the pages are turning, as if being moved by the wind.
   on some level it is hard to believe that we are at the point where one must start thinking about the fall, and Halloween. but doing a haunted house like the soap factory is on the indicators of the season. I did admit how I sometimes forget how important these sessions are, but once I get there I understand why we have them. they are valuable due to needing to warm up, and of course be aware of the changes from one year to the next. at one point we were told that what we saw was actually soap from when the place was really a soap factory. I would expect that I was not alone on signing up for this particular session because it was the last one offered.
    I did laundry for the first time in nearly a month, had no choice. I had done it just before I went to visit new York city. then I did dishes and ventured over to the performance venue. when I saw 'parking, $50' at the lot I told myself 'don't bother'. eventually I did see a message on facebook saying it was canceled due to the Vikings game, even though it was a 7pm start. I guess people were showing up really early for it. I found other things to do, like go to dairy queen and use for 2 for 1 blizzard coupon. much like before, I eat one there and take one home. the flavor of the month is pumpkin spice, so I got that one. the other was cookie dough, not what I ordered but I didn't say anything, as I am not too picky.
   I didn't do much after getting back from the soap factory, just grocery shopping and resting. nothing wrong with that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment