Thursday, September 22, 2016

lodge at crooked lake

tonight I took a long walk around the neighborhood and I saw some clothing on the pavement. when I found a safe time to pick it up, I did. this was a hoodie that said 'the lodge at crooked lake', in siren, WI. I've never been there, but I found out this place is about 100 miles northeast of the twin cities. the Wikipedia entry spoke of a town, and a village, called siren. both had a listed population of under a thousand. the website described it as 'rustic' and with a north woods theme. why this clothing was left on the road, I don't know. but I got a picture of it and then threw it in a trash bin near a traffic light, it stank. I had to turn it inside out to see what was on the front of it.
   as expected, most of what I found was the typical food and drink containers. this is why I bring a plastic shopping bag with me. I also found some coins, 18 cents in all, a dime and 8 pennies. most was found at the car wash. I started off the night finding one penny at the taco bell. I had dinner there, I had dozed off for about 30 minutes and then knew it was time to eat. i fell asleep shortly after the syndicated rerun of 'big bang theory' had ended. it was when penny ruined a valentines day dinner. Sheldon made amy his emergency contact.
   at work i did some special requests for the first time in a while, as my 'work spouse' has other duties now. not too hard for me when there wasn't that many, two in all. one was already logged out as a settlement, so it meant finding the printout and i only needed to close the request. the other was a copy of a title request. there was an advisory board meeting in the afternoon, looks like we may actually be getting around to our mission now after just discussing things for a while. i also took some time to look through my desk drawers for the first time in a while, and found some headphones. so i sent them home tonight to see how they work for my portable CD player, and they work fine. these are the ones put inside the ear instead of resting outside on top. i had those but the pads were either missing or worn, so it was no longer comfortable.
   i am starting to get annoyed with a colleague that recently moved into my area, as i keep getting unsolicited advice about things like how to eat, and my 'at a meeting' and 'out of office' signs. i did say 'can't believe i am being challenged about this' and 'i live my life my way'.

No comments:

Post a Comment