Thursday, September 1, 2016

minnesota territorial pioneers

I went to the Minnesota state fair today and saw something I hadn't before, a building for an organization called the Minnesota territorial pioneers. I bought a paul bunyan postcard there and liked seeing a display about prominent citizens in st. paul in the 19th century, kind of on a small chalkboard. I said it explained some of the street names in the town, like larpenteur, goodhue, and rice. as usual I had a pork chop on a stick, I did this shortly after arrival at 2pm. also had an ice cream cone, a ride on the carpet slide, a box of popcorn, and some root beer. I walked around pretty much the entire fairgrounds, and I liked seeing the artwork in the fine arts building. I voted for the one of the intersection of university and snelling, showing light rail, a book shop, and the mcdonald's. also liked a parody of grant wood's 'American gothic', in another building. there was another photo from kemps ice cream, with the cow 'photo bombing' me, and the newspaper museum.
  in the evening I went to CHS field and saw the st. paul saints baseball game, it was german night. great to see a fellow comic there performing, the Philadelphia native. the saints beat Winnipeg 1-0. it was scoreless for a while, then an intentional walk loaded the bases in the 9th. a sacrifice fly drove home the winning run for the saints, so it was in 'walk off' fashion. there was a celebration after it on the field by the players, and the video board said it clinched the playoffs for the saints. I also have a ticket for the Friday game, but a different opponent.


No comments:

Post a Comment