Wednesday, September 28, 2016

sanity break

I heard two people in my department arguing at the office so I announced to my 'work spouse' that I was taking a walk, normally I don't announce it. I considered it to be a 'sanity break', hopeful that it would be over before I got back, and it seemed to be as it looked like my boss intervened. I don't know what it was about, I don't care either. another colleague, who is on maternity leave, brought in her kid and I saw it during this break and even spoke of what I was trying to avoid. I was on  my own covering the payoff report and new titles as my cohort was out of the office. but I found a way to get it all done close to my normal leave time.
   I saw the attorney when I was riding the bus home, she spoke of having strep throat last week. and how movies in a park are one thing that fills the void since there aren't many drive-in movie theaters left. in the evening I went out to eat as I didn't have much food left at my home and didn't feel like going to the grocery store. I went past a comedy venue first and it was no surprise seeing somebody I knew, it was Maryland. we hugged and I said I needed to go eat. so I found a pizza place and had one slice, along with those little potatoes. I was pleased to see something about a nearby baseball exhibit, so I will have to go to it soon.
   I made it to the performance venue eventually, went on near the end. some stories were about what had happened earlier today, like the arguing at the office or even what I saw at the mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment