Thursday, September 15, 2016

st. thomas fellowship

I missed two buses this evening that were within a minute of each other, but what made it more enjoyable to wait was seeing the attorney arrive during this time. she spoke more at length about her work history, and one of those jobs was a fellowship at st. Thomas. it was multiple roles, such as professor and supervising other, younger  attorneys as I recall. I learn more when I listen more, and I did say when I was leaving how thankful I was for her sharing. also about work schedules and wanting to be a stay at home mom but wanting to be more marketable in terms of experience. some of this was in reference to hearing about the perks I see in corporate America that she doesn't see at a nonprofit like the treadmill that arrived this week, or kids in the office for trick or treating, or the company buying us lunch. it sounds like she had those at earlier roles.
   as expected, it looks like a picnic scheduled for tonight was canceled due to the rain, and there was plenty of rain. the invite said 'rain or shine' at como park in st. paul but I get over there and don't see anyone, and there was an hour left in the event. so I went to have dinner at popeye's chicken instead. then I went home and tried to watch a don rickles video, called 'mr. warmth', but I fell asleep in my easy chair.
   work wasn't too hard today, we got things done even though the boss is on a business trip for the rest of the week. but it is annoying that one thing I am in charge of is being done by someone else, and they aren't telling me this in advance so I have to find other ways to stay occupied in the afternoon after the payoff report and new titles are done. I did look at what was sent for a mock interview, next week. and I liked seeing the Filipino man of course in passing, I spoke more about the role I have meaning I don't have to make or take calls but he has to constantly since he is an underwriter. I said I did do calls before, but don't miss it at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment