Monday, September 26, 2016

small town politics

I called my dad tonight, and at first he wanted to talk about small town politics. it was something that I know very little about, especially when I no longer live in a small town. he invited me to call in a letter he sent recently. sounds like he got the card from fringe festival, and the postcard fro new York city, both sent last month. I said I may have bought something at midway books, though I was there to see if they had any emerson hough books and it looks like they didn't. for some reason I am thinking I still bought one, about Abraham Lincoln, by carl sandburg.
    I liked how I got my chores and errand running done early today, all but taking out the trash, before going to perform this afternoon. I thought about going to a 'booya' soup serving at a church but knew I wasn't going to make it in time. I stayed in and got more items into souvenir binders, some were comedy-related and some weren't. it meant going through two bags of items I saved from my travels, knowing that I did some performing out of town. so I found items like a beer coaster from karaoke in suburban st. louis, and a show announcement flyer from new York city.
   performing went fine, I was near the end of the lineup. I started off with one about how I had been to Michigan, in reference to international falls making up fake credits about a Michigan magazine voting me some kind of honor. she was doing this for all of the comics.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment